Credential Theft Mitigation
Obtaining a valid credential is crucial for the success of any attack – if you disrupt this step in the attacker’s process, they are most likely to fail.
It is often the easiest stage of an attack, too – because most companies are not planning for credential theft and as a result are not prepared for it.
Credential Theft Mitigation is aimed primarily at protecting credentials that might lead to compromising a privileged account – for example that of a helpdesk employee, a systems administrator or a domain admin. But a stolen valid credential for a regular employee’s computer can also lead to a very quick escalation of privilege up to Domain Admin – within 24 hours or less. That is why preventing the theft of any credential in an enterprise is of utmost importance.
- Enterprise Password & Access Management.
- How to stop relying on passwords and on users creating good passwords and create a system which helps them follow a secure standard.
- Enabling 2-factor authentication.
- Understanding 2-factor authentication bypasses and how to mitigate this this threat.
- Detecting stolen credentials usage.
- Responding to credential theft quickly and effectively.
What is the target audience?
- Systems Administrators.
- Managed Security Service Providers.
This course is suitable for any systems administrator and is actually recommended as a first introduction into cybersecurity for systems administrators.
The course is also suitable for managed security service providers wanting to help their customers deal with the threat of credential theft.
Productivity Hacks to Get More Done in 2018
— 28 February 2017
- Facebook News Feed Eradicator (free chrome extension) Stay focused by removing your Facebook newsfeed and replacing it with an inspirational quote. Disable the tool anytime you want to see what friends are up to!
- Hide My Inbox (free chrome extension for Gmail) Stay focused by hiding your inbox. Click "show your inbox" at a scheduled time and batch processs everything one go.
- Habitica (free mobile + web app) Gamify your to do list. Treat your life like a game and earn gold goins for getting stuff done!